Why Weight?: A Workbook for Ending Compulsive Eating (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
#1 New York Times bestselling author of Women Food and God With the publication of her ground-breaking books, Feeding the Hungry Heart and Breaking Free From Compulsive Eating, Geneen Roth has helped hundred of thousands of people win their battle against the destructive binge-diet cycle. Now this remarkable companion workbook shows compulsive eaters--in a constructive, non-judgmental way--how to stop using food as a substitute for handling difficult emotions or situations ... and how to enjoy eating and still lose weight naturally. By using the liberating exercises and techniques developed by Geneen Roth in her highly succesful Breaking Free(R) workshops, dieters, who've tried every conceivable diet--losing weight again and again, only to gain it back--and bingers, who are harming their health, can learn wholesome, beneficial ways to achieve their goals. This proven program offers reassuring guidlines on:
- Letting food become a source of pleasure rather than anxiety
- Kicking the scale-watching the habit--forever
- Recognizing the difference between physical and emotional hungers
- Learning to say no
- Listening to, and trusting, your body's hunger and fullness signals
- Distinguishing "forbidden foods" from those you truly want
- Uncovering the conflicts that stand between your desire to lose weight and your urge to eat compulsively
- Discovering other pleasures besides food.
About the Author
Geneen Roth is a writer and a teacher who has gained international prominence through her work in the field of eating disorders. She is the founder of the Breaking Free workshops, which she has conducted nationwide since 1979. She is also the author of Feeding the Hungry Heart, Breaking Free from Compulsive Eating, and When Food is Love. A frequent guest on television and radio programs, she has written for and been featured in Tie, Ms., New Woman, Family Circle, and Cosmopolitan. Her poetry and short stories have been published in numerous anthologies. Born in New York City, she now lives in northern California.